From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 2:27 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QRPLOBJ Clean Library.

"Large" is in the eye of the beholder. Some might consider 4GB a rounding error
System ASP . . . . . . : 3523 G
% system ASP used . . : 75.8769
This is just our development lpar.

I'd start with RTVDSKINF and PRTDSKINF.

However, in answer to your question, I would "guess" that if there's no object on it you should be able to delete it. But you can test this. Open a program with a screen, let's call it ORD500 and the screen name ORD500FM. Leave it open. From another job modify both the screen and the program. The "old" versions should be in QRPLOBJ. See if the job with the open ORD500FM screen has a lock on it. You want the lock as that is your safety check to see if it's safe to delete it. If the program never locks it but just uses it then I hope you can see how it might be risky to clear that library out. If, however, it leaves a lock on it then you should be able to safely clear out all the objects in that library without a lock.
Understand?

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E