To clarify, this is about job RUN priorities, not job priorities in the queues. Forgive me for leaving out that crucial word.

On 3/31/16, 11:28 AM, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
The only real work management documentation is on the IBM i web site for the
version you're interested in. They stopped publishing the document you
refer to because things were changing at a very slow rate. That does not
mean IBM stopped enhancing things they do and are, they just stopped that
publication.

Yes, and the Ignorance Center is even more opaque on the subject of standard run priorities for jobs than the V4 PDF I was looking at. I could not possibly care less how CURRENT the information is; as you say, it changes "at a very slow rate." I'm looking for something that's concise, succinct, understandable, and "straight from the equine masticatory orifice." As I said:

When I was first brought up the subject on the Tomcat list, I was poring
over the first Work Management PDF I could find online (I think it was a
V4 edition), and while it's certainly "publicly-available," I really didn't
see anything concise or succinct about normal priorities for different types
of jobs.

--
JHHL