To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jim Oberholtzer" <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/28/2016 09:35AM
Subject: RE: System i Navigator can't view IFS (V7R2)

Rob,

You have very advanced equipment and backup procedures most folks don't
have. Beside that the difference between seconds and two minutes is hardly
worth the effort to consider. On smaller systems with SAS attached tape,
you'll find a couple of minutes is more the norm. Unfortunately there are
software products that insist on using QDLS yet, and many of my customers
have hold over software from OfficeVision yet. So like it or not, we have
to back it up.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects