Darren,

No, I'm just saying over the years what I've found is needed from a PDF,
and I'm having a hard time finding if it's possible with CPYSPLF now, or if
it will be. Hopefully someone working with the enhancement can help with
that.

Is this a quickie solution from IBM? Or is this just the start of
something they are developing to be more feature rich?

The only reason I mention the product I developed is to show what, from
years of experience, is needed from most PDFs.

I do have customers that have switched to use IBM's "CPYSPLF method" but
still use my software. They just flip a switch in my software to use IBMs
or our own conversion in the background.

The conversion is just the start of it. We also allow them to merge,
concat, add passwords and overlays to the resulting PDF.

I'm finding a lack of detai, configuration and documentation from the IBM
side (even though the conversion is faster in most cases, which is good!)

I know it's not a question that most will be able to answer, but I know
some from IBM frequent this list and hope to bend an ear, not start a
thread on speculation. :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com