No more obfuscated than using a CL to call RPG to update DB2.

Sent from Lotus Traveler

Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. --- RE: Update Excel with RPG ---
From:"Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc." <mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:Mon, Feb 29, 2016 4:29 PMSubject:RE: Update Excel with RPG
But it works, and there is no comparable RPG library. It would take quite a bit of work to make one that has the capabilities of POI. As Vern mentioned, you can make something that will work for your purposes, but then you need to understand the xlsx file structure, and adding new features is more work. If someone knows of something that is comparable, let me know. Maybe if there are enough interested parties, we could port something. Maybe there is something written in C or C++ out there that is compiled for PASE, or that can be ported to qshell? Mark Murphy STAR BASE Consulting, Inc. mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----Matt Olson wrote: ----- To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion From: Matt Olson Date: 02/29/2016 03:06PM Subject: RE: Update Excel with RPG RPG to JAVA to Excel? Sounds like a Rube Goldberg machine ;-) -----Original Message----- From: Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. [mailto:mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 1:55 PM To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion Subject: Re: Update Excel with RPG Thanks, I missed that it passes back an unused object, but now that you say that, I see it in the Java docs. Mark Murphy STAR BASE Consulting, Inc. mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: ----- To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion From: broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Date: 02/25/2016 04:48PM Subject: Re: Update Excel with RPG For anyone who was following this thread, the following will correctly provide all the required entries in hssf_h: D AUTOFILTER_CLASS... D c 'org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel- D .AutoFilter' D SSAutoFilter... D S O CLASS(*JAVA D : AUTOFILTER_CLASS) D ssSheet_setAutoFilter... -Your data has been truncated.