Yes it matters.

You're comparing a date to a number.

You need to convert the date to a number or the number to a date.

Plenty of examples exist.

Charles

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Hoteltravelfundotcom <
hoteltravelfun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes this is almost there. Does it matter that the field is packed numeric?
compare to Current Date is now giving this>

The operands of comparison operator = are not compatible. -- Numeric
operands are compatible with any other numeric operands and with character
and graphic operands. -- Character operands are compatible with operands
that are character, graphic, date, time, timestamp, or numeric. -- Date,
time, and timestamp operands are compatible with character and graphic
operands or with another operand of the same type. -- Graphic operands are
compatible with graphic, character, date, time, timestamp, or numeric
operands. -- Binary operands are compatible only with binary operands. --
Operands that are user-defined types can only be compared to operands that
are the same exact type. -- DataLink operands cannot be compared. Recovery
. . . : Check the data types of all operands to see if the data types
are compatible. If all the operands of the SQL statement are correct and a
view is being accessed, then check the data types of all the operands in
the view definition. Correct the errors. Try the request again.".
Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1