My question is why?

Good question. Imagine a galaxy of inter-connected IBM i machines where
they are starting/stopping services (applications or otherwise) via RESTful
HTTP request and in some cases, based on DB configuration, the service
might be on the same machine; but the machine doesn't care that it's
starting something on itself, it just needs a URL. [Aaron checks "run-on
sentence" off his bingo card]

It is an issue with the NAT for the outbound connecting to itself.

Will look here next. I have access to the firewall admin interface (VMware
vCloud).

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Chris Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>