I am finding that I was quite spoiled with MySQL.

But as I always suspected, DB2 on i is the power house RDMS of the entire industry. Total FAN!

I am pleased with their implementation of Limit from MySQL. Would have been great if it had been implemented the same, and not so verbose...

as in this snippet from one of my scripts: "FETCH FIRST 80 ROWS ONLY" And what I read... this does not guarantee the same row with each call unless an "ORDER BY" is included.

I also understand that IBM has to be sure not to BREAK DB2 for others.

I understand IBM not wanting to change the character set from EBCDIC to UTF8. And I would never ask that of them, but at the same time, for someone that wants to use UTF8, to be in lock step with the rest of the world, at least give the option.

Although with the data sets that I am working with... I have not noticed a problem yet, and I have not had to do any data conversions.

In my thinking, once I get a SQL result from DB2 in my PHP script, I am simply comparing Strings To Strings at this point. Not sure if PASE or some other mechanism does any conversion or not.

I appreciate each and everyone's information.

And cheers to you Vern... as I do RTFM.... but when the manual does not answer a question, or makes it very difficult to solve a riddle.. and after several google attempts to find anything of relevance, I post in these forums.... I unlike you do not have the manuals in my head... and as most would understand, my projects are many, underfunded, and have meaningful time allotted. And I do not consider spending my down time reading through those horrible manuals.

I get so much more understand from examples when it comes to syntax.

I would prefer that you ignore me than refer me to the manual one more time. If you do not want to help, by all means, pass me by.

Thank You,
Rob