Where are you getting "Route to specified location not found"?

On your production lpar trying to get to your development lpar?
On your development lpar trying to get to your production lpar?

Normally when you get such a message you should check
CFGTCP
2. Work with TCP/IP routes

At a bare minimum you should have something like
Route Subnet Next Preferred
Destination Mask Hop Interface
*DFTROUTE *NONE 10.17.6.1 *NONE

where '10.17.6.1' is a router on the same subnet as your 'from' lpar. For
example if DEV is 10.17.6.45 and PROD is 10.10.8.121 then I should have a
default route on DEV for 10.17.6.1 and a default route on PROD of
10.10.8.1 providing I follow the naming conventions of having the router
be a '1' on that subnet.
It is highly unlikely that an IPL removed this route from the table.
What MAY be happening is that the line is down, or your default interface
is not started.
Let's take option 5 on that *DFTROUTE.
See "Preferred binding interface . . . . . : *NONE"?
Now let's try
NETSTAT *IFC

One, these should be active
Internet Network Line Interface
Address Address Description Status
10.17.6.178 10.17.6.0 LANLIN Active
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.0 *LOOPBACK Active

And, two, WRKCFGSTS *LIN should show the line active and TCP doing
'something' with that line
Description Status -------------Job--------------
LANLIN ACTIVE
LANLINET ACTIVE
LANLITCP ACTIVE QTCPWRK QSYS 202283

If not, you've got one muffed up startup program. You need to get tcp
started and disks varied on at startup.
You might want to forego the dream of that AS/400 that was stuck in a
closet and ran for years and think about IPLing on a periodic basis just
so you can remember the startup procedures. Be a good time to apply PTF's
and whatnot also.