I would guess that there would be OS PTF's that are needed by Python so that it will work with ibm_db and other components. SQL would be an example in that case (ibm_db assumes the correct execution of SQL statements, perhaps patched by a previous PTF)

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java