Larry

Did you have a shot at using SAVRSTOBJ or SAVRSTLIB or SAVRST?

Vern

On 1/1/2016 4:06 PM, DrFranken wrote:
Here you are not using NFS you are using the Netserver (/QNTC).

I did some testing at one point between two IBM i 7.1 systems. They are local so GbE between them. The files moved were a 300MB IFS file and a 4GB IFS File.

In order of fastest to slowest:

FTP Basline (1.0)
CPY QFileSvr.400 17% Slower (*1) (*3)
CPY over NFS 30% Slower
scp 100% Slower (*2)
cp over QNTC 300% Slower
CPY over QNTC 300% Slower
cp QFileSvr.400 325% Slower
cp with NFS 550% Slower

(*1) = each type is this percentage additional time than the baseline.
(*2) = scp was not reliable with the 4G File. Fails half the time.
(*3) = QFileSvr.400 actually won the small file by 0.3 second.

cp is the cp command in QP2TERM
CPY is the IBM i CPY command

Observations:

1) I did not expect QFileSvr.400 to be this good. It surprised me. However look at the massive difference when using that file system with QP2TERM! Over 3 times longer!

2) Also note how slow cp is over NFS while NFS itself was close the performance of QFileSvr.400

3) These were not Save Files, I believe they transfer more slowly when the target is in /QSYS.LIB

4) Your Mileage May Vary!!!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com