On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 12:29 AM Mike Jones <mike.jones.sysdev@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

You can specify CREATE OR REPLACE VARIABLE if your system is current
enough, but I see no ALTER VARIABLE present.

I can't believe I missed that syntatic sugar, considering all the moaning I
do about my clients not installing the PTF for CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE, and
that I use CREATE OR REPLACE everywhere.

I did some quick tests.

<snip/>

Thanks for reporting your findings. Its kind of annoying that this is one
of those things like a race condition. You can prove it, but you can't
disprove it, and if it shows up in production, its hard to diagnose.

Justin

This thread ...