Hi, Tim:

Chuck is correct -- the "choice program" is very limited in what it can do. For example, when you press F4, it should let you pick from a list, using the cursor or a mouse, but it does not; so you just have to type in (or cut-and-paste) what you see there.

You might also investigate creating a "prompt override program" -- with a PMTOVRPGM, you can control what values are shown as defaults whenever a user prompts a command.

Let me know if you would like to see some examples of a PMTOVRPGM, or some examples showing how you could use a CHOICEPGM, even though they are rather limited.

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury