From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:13 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: V7R2 question

Often times vendors like this have to make a choice:
- Support older customers at the risk of new customers, or those who like
to stay current on OS.
- Support newer customers, or those who stay current on OS versus those
who don't.
- Increase costs in hardware, licenses, support, power (or hosting fees)
and support multiple.

If they are making current sales, and plan on continuing to do so, then
they need to serve that market.
If all they are doing is milking the cash cow by maintenance fees on long
time customers then they need not worry about newer OS's. Although
experience tells me that these people often drop maintenance also so that
cow can dry up. "Gee, it's too modified" and so on.

Perhaps they're hardware is so old that it doesn't support 7.2 and they
are still trying to decide if they've hit critical mass and it's time to
bite the bullet and get hardware that supports 7.2. Although that should
have been reached by now; at one and a half years since GA. Find out if
this is the issue and suggest a hosting company, like
http://iinthecloud.com/