On 10-Dec-2015 07:02 -0600, rob wrote:
WRKOPTVOL still returns
Volume Media Authorization
Volume Device Type Type List
I_BASE_01 OPT02 *PRIMARY *DVD-ROM QOPTSEC

Per that output, using the Display Authorization List Obj (DSPAUTLOBJ) on the *AUTL object QOPTSEC might be interesting; I do not recall from the other message-thread "WRKOPTVOL shows phantom volume", that particular object ever being interrogated.

Perhaps information about an object [perhaps the data within] that is presented as output from that request might be of interest; noting: the object information such as last-changed and last-used [DSPOBJD and DSPFD if /QSYS.LIB *FILE objects; if a STMF, probably there is a dearth of usage info] might best be collected _before_ further poking around, if perhaps such easily debased information might be useful to point to an origin.

This thread ...