On 08-Dec-2015 14:06 -0600, Szepesi Frigyes wrote:

We have a new customer, their primary language is Italian on their
partitions, the secondary is English. We submit the backup by using
AJS, with BRMS. We would like to change the language of the joblog to
English for our convenience, without affecting other job's language
settings. What to do, where to change it?

Submit the job with Work Management setup such that the routing is to an active Subsystem for which the Subsystem Description (SBSD) has been modified to have the library QSYS2924 ahead of QSYS; i.e. a subsystem which was modified [with the Change Subsystem Description (CHGSBSD) or created with Create Subsystem Description (CRTSBSD)] from the default of having *NONE as the System Library Customization, to having the specification of QSYS2924 as the argument for the Subsystem Library (SYSLIBLE) parameter. Such a subsystem will have the English as Secondary Language Library QSYS2924, implicitly added [indirectly by and thus with the same effect of the Change System Library List (CHGSYSLIBL) command, but performed via the SBS monitor job as part of the job initiation\routing, thus effected by user QSYS, such that there are no concerns for the authority of the user in the job to that command].

If creating a new subsystem for that purpose is not an option, or modifying an existing subsystem in that manner is not an option because that affects all work starting in that subsystem, then an alternative is to Add Routing Entry (ADDRTGE) to an\the existing subsystem with Routing Data (RTGDTA) that would be specified for the job initiated by the Advanced Job Scheduler entry; the routing program would be designed to effect the appropriate CHGSYSLIBL request, which I believe may also include adopting the necessary authority in the routing program. I used to have a routing program that used the Comparison Data (CMPVAL) of SYSLIBL, and other data included in the Routing Data would be parsed as the library name that was to be added; i.e. I know the RtgPgm is an option that is available\functional for Submit Job (SBMJOB) with an appropriate RTGDTA specification. And I presume the routing data can be specified on the entry added to AJS directly, but if not, then surely the desired RTGDTA can be established in the Job Description (JOBD) that would be specified there.