"Steinmetz, Paul"
<PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on
Tue, 01 Dec 2015 06:13:37 GMT:

I was planning on filling the EXP24S with 24 ESFS - 1.7TB 10K
RPM SAS SFF-2 Disk Drive 4 k Block (IBM i) Lose 2 to
parity, 1 to hot spare - 36 TB usable, ASP # 2, mostly cold
data. For the CEC, I was planning on 6 (or more) ESOP - 775GB
SFF-3 4k SSD for IBM I , Lose 1 to parity, 1 to hot spare -
3.1 TB usable, this would be SYS ASP 1, containing load
source, Q libs, development tools, 1 copy of development data.
All controlled by 2 - EJ0L PCIe3 12GB Cache RAID SAS Adapter

Paul, all 10K in EXP24S behind EJ0L is fine. You're planning
for 2 arrays, which is also good.

The CEC drives have the high function backplane (EJ0P) which is
2 IOAs on the planar and will not be controlled by the EJ0L.
You should plan for 2 arrays for these drives too. I would opt
for 7 SSDs to accommodate 2 arrays + 1 hot spare or 9 SSDs to do
the same.