These may help, not exactly what you're looking for
1) Changing the TCP/IP Address of the IBM System i System
2) Here's a doc I created.
Sytem changes needed after restore and rename
System Name - DSPNETA, CHGNETA
Change Network Attributes (CHGNETA)
Type choices, press Enter.
System name . . . . . . . . . . > PENCOR07 Name, *SAME
Local control point name . . . . > PENCOR07 Name, *SAME
Default local location name . . > PENCOR07 Name, *SAME
Network server domain . . . . . > PENCOR07
Network - CFGTCP
1. Work with TCP/IP interfaces- cannot be changed, must delete and recreate
2. Work with TCP/IP routes *DFTROUTE - cannot be changed, must delete and recreate
10. Work with TCP/IP host table entries - cannot be changed, must delete and recreate
12. Change TCP/IP domain information - change
20. Configure TCP/IP applications
12. Configure SMTP
1. Work with system alias table - cannot be changed, must delete and recreate
SNADS related options: (May need to change/update all LPARS)
10. Work with directory entries - cannot be changed, must delete and recreate
11. Work with distribution queue for SMTP - add entries for new system
12. Configure distribution services - add entries for new system
WRKRDBDIRE - Work with RDB Directory Entry - change
WRKCFGSTS CFGTYPE(*LIN) CFGD(*ALL) - change/correct Resource name where needed.
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:33 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: New System - TODO's
Does IBM document a list of TODO's for a new system?
Wayback when, on our first box running v3r6...I recall some initial setup instructions for a new system. One step for instance was picking a new system name.
I'd expect setting the system CCSID to be part of this list of TODO's.
Probably reviewing other system values for that matter.
It's been not quite 20 years since I had a brand new system, rather than migrating from an existing system to new hardware.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l