What error are you getting? "Could not find host" or "Request timed
out"?

C:\Users\ROB>ping sametimexyz.corp.dekko.com
Ping request could not find host sametimexyz.corp.dekko.com. Please check
the na
me and try again.

C:\Users\ROB>ping sametime.corp.dekko.com

Pinging sametime.corp.dekko.com [10.17.6.161] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 10.17.6.161:

You could also try
C:\Users\ROB>nslookup sametime.corp.dekko.com
Server: gdsdns.dekko-1
Address: 10.10.4.250

Name: sametime.corp.dekko.com
Address: 10.17.6.161

This tells me that it found it in your DNS. Our dns happens to be at
address 10.10.4.250