From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Justin Dearing
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 12:24 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: Linda Buonasera
Subject: Re: Printing the Euro symbol

Shot in the dark here. Is the windows printer using a PLC5. PLC6 or Postscript driver and how is the iSeries talking to the printer? Or some other protocol? Make the iSeries match that protocol.

If you want to go really low level, (which I would because I don't know anything about printers) look at the traffice being sent to the printer with wireshark. See if you could muck with the windows settings till it looks more like the iSeries traffic until euros break in Windows. Then do the opposite on the iSeries.

Of course for you reverse the last two steps. I'm just more comfortable with configuring windows printer settings, so I'd try to break it on windows, then google how to configure iSeries printing to do the opposite change setting.

Hope someone has a better solution than mine though.

Justin