I found this under user profile help text for home directory.

Home directory (HOMEDIR) - Help

Specifies the path name of the home directory for this user profile.
The home directory is the user's initial working directory. The working
directory, associated with a process, is used during path name
resolution in the directory file system for path names that do not begin
with a slash (/). If the home directory specified does not exist when
the user signs on, the user's initial working directory is the root (/)
directory.

Note: This parameter is Unicode-enabled. See "Unicode support in
CL" in the CL topic collection in the Programming category in the
IBM i Information Center at http://www.ibm.com/systems/i/infocenter/
for additional information.

*USRPRF
The home directory assigned to the user will be /home/USRPRF, where
USRPRF is the name of the user profile.

'path-name'
Specify the path name of the home directory to be assigned to this
user.

For more information on specifying path names, refer to "Object naming
rules" in the CL topic collection in the Programming category in the IBM
i Information Center at http://www.ibm.com/systems/i/infocenter/.

Paul