Thanks for the tip.  That worked - but what a price!  A simple query went from 10 seconds to 83.

I'll definitely be selective when using it.

Roger Harman
COMMON Certified Application Developer – ILE RPG on IBM i on Power

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:56:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Column titles/text with SQL WorkBench
From: charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Assuming you're using SQL Workbench/J...

Which seems to use JDBC...

Take a look at setting the JDBC connection property, "extended metadata" to
"true"

That's what iNav RunSQL scripts uses to switch between column names (false)
and labels (true)

Charles

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>