From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 04:32
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: systools. group_ptf_currency Secuirty Concern Responses

Exactly what did they have to open on the internet? Did you just have to open access to port 80 from your IBM i? Or did you have to allow certain ports from the internet to get to your IBM i? I'm pretty sure that you only have to allow your IBM i to get to port 80. Because all of our IBM i lpars can use this new function and very few of them have any access TO them FROM the internet. Do they restrict who can get to the internet by IP address and stuff to limit time wasting and stuff? Here, we have a setting in Windows Active Directory which says whether or not a user can use the internet for http. Those who do access the internet for http have all traffic monitored (and restricted) by WebSense. In general they block porn, gambling and sites known to be hacks. Sometimes it goes crazy and I have to reboot my PC.
Sometimes I have to get permission to access a site which I know to be valid but is blocked for some reason by WebSense. Perhaps this is just your companies process. Rarely, if ever, am I denied.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755