IDK the formula but you can check
for the last run.
0 '1150918 182028
50 '1150918 185010
100 'V7R2M0 GDISYS 21443BV
I will say the RCLSTG dropped on this lpar significantly when we migrated
from Power 6 to Power 8. Could be any number of factors:
- Unload/reload really cleaned up some stuff
- Faster processor
- Migrated away from it's own disks (spinning) to being guested on SSD's
What used to take 8-11 hours now runs in about 30 minutes.
At R540 and beyond, the RCLSTG ESTIMATE(*YES) option can be run to assist
with determining how long the RCLSTG command takes to complete. The
estimate is calculated by using statistics collected during previous
RCLSTG operations and the values specified for the other RCLSTG
Factors That Affect RCLSTG Performance:
- Number of objects.
- Types of objects.
- Amount of relational damage on system.
- Amount of auxiliary storage configured to the system.
- Percentage of auxiliary storage in use.
- Size of some objects.
- Amount of main store on system (can have a very significant effect on
RCLSTG command performance)
Although I mostly didn't see the relationship of the above back on Power
6. I had lpars with a lot less objects and what not taking a lot longer