On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 7:43 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried a google search for your error and got this:
http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=579

After reading that for the billionith time it clicked. I needed to call
java from a specific path

bash-4.2$ /bin/java
/bin/java: line 13: /QSYS.LIB/QJVATOOLS.PGM: Permission denied
/bin/java: line 13: exec: /QSYS.LIB/QJVATOOLS.PGM: cannot execute: Error 0
bash-4.2$ java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pap3260sr16fp2-20141026_01(SR16 FP2))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 OS/400 ppc-32
jvmap3260sr16fp2-20141026_01 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20141010_216764
JIT - r9_20140523_64469ifx2
GC - GA24_Java6_SR16_20141010_1202_B216764)
JCL - 20141005_01
bash-4.2$

So I actually need java 1.7 which is not on this box, and I'll have to
wait for that PDF to be applied, but, I have to edit the shell script as
follows

if [ `uname` == "OS400" ]
then
JAVACMD="/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk626/64bit/bin/java"
elif [ -x "$scriptpath/jre/bin/java" ]
then
JAVACMD="$scriptpath/jre/bin/java"

So once I get the right PTF level this should work. I'll submit a patch to
the maintainer and then we can have something more akin to the mysql CLI
client for working with DB2 for i from PASE, as opposed to the clunky db2
command in qsh.

Cheers,

Justin