Chuck,

I think you are confusing two different things. There is the teraspace "storage model", and there are teraspace allocations... the storage model makes the compiler use teraspace for it's allocations, stacks, and various other things. Just doing teraspace allocations, however (when a programmer is writing code working with pointers, et al) does not require the teraspace storage model.

Teraspace allocations with _C_TS_malloc() and friends work fine with STGMDL(*SNGLVL), but do require teraspace capability in the pointers (and the routines within the OS that do pointer math.)

In ILE RPG, terapsace pointers will work as long as you compile for V4R4M0 or higher. No need for the storage model option. (Which was added more recently). No special compile option is needed.

In ILE C, you can enable teraspace pointers by compiling with TERASPACE(*YES).

I'm not totally sure about ILE CL. I think it has supported teraspace since pointers were added to the language, but I haven't used them, so I could be wrong on that one.

I have no idea about Cobol.