On 15-Sep-2015 13:11 -0600, Vernon Hamberg wrote:
We've a situation here - looking for ideas.

New LPAR that is to have the same objects but in different library.

Files in library LIB01 on LPAR01 saved and then restored to LIB02 on
LPAR02 with PVTAUT(*NO).

There were private authorities on all these files on LPAR01. There
are NO private authorities on these files on LPAR02 - makes sense, I
know.

We need the private authorities to be the same as they were on
LPAR01 - all users ARE present on both partitions.

So question I was asked, is there a way to apply the private
authorities after the restore, where there is now only the owner's
and a *PUBLIC on the objects?

There have been changes to the data already since the restore - that
just complicates things, I'd say.

A couple ways; the latter probably eliminates some nuances that are likely to be encountered if there does not exist already an existing grant-from-outfile data program in which those nuances have already been identified and accounted-for, but obviously taking a new save might be even more onerous:

• A CLP [or REXX] that does the Display Object Authority (DSPOBJAUT) against all the objects in the library [using MBROPT(*N *ADD)] on LPAR01. Move the data to the LPAR02. Then on the LPAR02, use that output file data to issue the respective Grant Object Authority (GRTOBJAUT) requests; optionally omitting the redundant *PUBLIC and owner authorities.

• Take a new Save Library (SAVLIB) while omitting as much of unnecessary data using PVTAUT(*ALL) and avoiding save-history using UPDHST(*NO), Restore Library (RSTLIB) using PVTAUT(*ALL) into an alternate but new library name [e.g. LIB02AUT or RSTLIB(*SAVLIB); QTEMP might not be an option given some object types would not be able to be restored, and the authority to the *LIB object still would be missing]. Then similar to the aforementioned CLP, have the program process every object in the newly restored library, issuing a GRTOBJAUT using the Reference Object (REFOBJ) [and Reference Object Type (REFOBJTYPE)] specifications.

I long ago had created and used both such programs, but I no longer have the source or the *PGMs.