Chuck,
Appreciate the details.

Gary - we ran the suggested test with same results CPF9802 (as you
expected).

Can I trust the user profile in a joblog of QZRCSRVS : did a F1 help on the
CPF9802 and F9 for Display message details - in this example we know COKEK
was not the user who made the request (she is the 1st user when this
particular QZRCSRVS job started) and am thinking the Win side is connecting
to an existing connection for another user.

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF9802 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Message type . . . . . : Escape
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/14/15 Time sent . . . . . . : 13:5

Message . . . . : Not authorized to object GR_NONXYZ in QSYS.
Cause . . . . . : You do not have the correct authority for object
GR_NONXYZ in library QSYS type *USRPRF.
Recovery . . . : Contact your security officer or the object owner to
obtain the correct authority and try your request again.

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF9802 Severity
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/14/15 Time sent
Message type . . . . . : Escape
From . . . . . . . . . : COKEK CCSID .

From program . . . . . . . . . : QSYUP
From library . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Instruction . . . . . . . . : 3F1D

To program . . . . . . . . . . : K002C
To library . . . . . . . . . : KMD
To module . . . . . . . . . : K002C
To procedure . . . . . . . . : K002C
To statement . . . . . . . . : 2080

Time sent . . . . . . . . . . : 13:53:17.924614

I'm not entirely clear how the OS decides which connection is to which
QZRCSRVS job or if that is more of a client socket decision. The C#
developers gone for today to ask.

Any suggestions on how to determine which QZRCSRVS job handles a particular
request would help. I've changed the jobd to log 4 00 *seclvl and logclpgm
= *yes to see more detail .

Jim