The user running the command needs *SECADM and *CHANGE authority to the
user profile itself, and any groups associated with that profile.

If there's an authorization list, *CHANGE is needed there too.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Monnier, Gary <Gary.Monnier@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

How does the new group of users differ from existing, comparable users
that can use the process?

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Franz
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 12:27 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Odd security issue with adopted authority

I'm not clear on what this means in the IBM doc:
"There is a restriction that has been in existence since release 7 of the
System 38 operating system that requires the user running the CLP to have
authorization to any associated group profiles being referenced in the
command."

What level of authorization? It can't be just *USE because *public
already has that.
We are still not seeing "what has changed", except that a new group of
users started using the process on Thursday, but we see successful
CRTUSRPRF's on Thursday, but not Friday. We do break all the connections
between Win and i each night.
Jim

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Monnier, Gary <Gary.Monnier@xxxxxxxxx>