- but it could be better not to create the index, because it doesn't
help (quey engine is not taking the index)
- but it could be better not to create the index, because it takes
more ressources than it helps
- but it could be better not to create the index, because the table is
written very often and ued very seldom in this way
- but it could be better not to create the index, because having too
many indexes for one table could bring down performance
- but why should the query engine write down this advices, if nobody
is interested in?
- but why is there no easy way to stop it from writing down the advices?
Lots of good points. Hopefully someone supporting "Index Advisor" in
this thread can answer them.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.