On 21-Aug-2015 13:32 -0600, Matt Olson wrote:
Charles Wilt on Friday, August 21, 2015 2:27 PM wrote:

INCORROUT is actually short for incorrect output...IBM's way of
saying it doesn't work they way it is supposed to :)

I've pick that much up from Chuck at least!

It is almost as if they are storing this information in a database
that was designed in the 80's and the field length is only 8 characters
for most of the data points :-)

FWiW the token INCORROUT is a "symptom keyword" to enable [faster and better] searching.

While the terms "incorrect" and "output" could easily occur throughout a document, even one discussing a defect issue and even while never actually implying the issue involves a symptom of "incorrect output", having the specific keyword\token "INCORROUT" on which to search helps /separate the wheat from the chaff/.

The same reason justifies the symptom keyword as msgPFX#### instead of just using the actual message identifier PFX####. The latter token would appear /normally/ in places like joblogs and message queues, as a standalone token; so to distinguish a discussion of a *symptom* of a particular message being issued, from merely the appearance of the message in any other context [like a joblog included inline to the document], the kwd\token is formulated to enable directed search(es).