Good info Scott. Debugging is a hole.

I had an ftp utility that used an embedded userid and password. Source
was only kept on my PC and any debugging info on that program was removed.
However I called a company written utility passing that password as a
parameter. Didn't take the development staff long at all to debug the
called utility and figure out what the embedded password was.