With the end of support for IBM i 6.1 coming in about a month (9/30/2015)
I was thinking about ordering a cume and group copy. Sort of a last
hurrah. Not that I have anything still running 6.1 but I like to keep old
copies of the OS and PTF's around in case I have to step upgrade someone
due to mergers and acquisitions and that like.

Current cume says:
Cumulative package C5063610 began shipping worldwide: 13 Mar 2015.
NO ADDITIONAL CUMULATIVE PACKAGES ARE PLANNED.
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/2d3aff1c6b4d6ce086256453000d971e/9cb730c568c16de086257c24005e6631?OpenDocument
No reason to believe that will change, right?

There's been a plethora of group PTF's for 6.1 within the last week or
two. Funny to see a new level 1 group ptf for it. OTOH some of the core
products haven't had a new group in close to two years. So I'm thinking
waiting a week or two longer might not be a bad thing.
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/GroupPTFs?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=3#3

I should probably ensure that I have the latest respin for LIC and the
first disc of OS, since those were both updated long ago.
http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/resave/v6r1.html


Rob Berendt

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].