On 17-Aug-2015 07:59 -0600, John McKee wrote:
This program is running in our controlling subsystem. I saw a post
from years ago in the archives where it was running in QBATCH and is
for cleanup.

I do Go SAVE 21 every week. I wondered about this program before I
searched the archives. A DSPOBJD shows this program has no
information recorded for Save/Restore or last used date.

Why would this program not have anything for save date/time?

Again, v5r4 - terminal. Maybe a few months now.

Definitely not an issue. Just curious.

[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_i5_54/rzahc/rzahcswscompres.htm]
"A call to a system program does not update its usage information..."

FWiW:
[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_i5_54/cl/savlib.htm]
"... unless *NO is specified for the Update history (UPDHST) parameter, the description of each library and each object is updated with the date, place, and time it was last saved. If a group of libraries is saved by specifying *NONSYS, *ALLUSR, or *IBM for the LIB parameter, the date, time, and place are updated in the history information for a data area in QSYS (data area QSAVLIBALL, QSAVALLUSR, or QSAVIBM).
..."

As someone already noted, Save System (SAVSYS) is how the program in QSYS are saved. There is no Update History (UPDHST) on that command. Refer to the data area QSAVIBM, presuming the save history was requested. Similar to the above whereby a Data Area is used to record the Last-Saved information across the save rather than the individual objects:

[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_i5_54/rzaiu/rzaiurzaiu264.htm]
"... use the DSPOBJD command to display the appropriate data area that is shown in Data areas that contain save history.

The following commands do not update the save history information for the individual objects that the system saves:

• Save System (SAVSYS)
• Save Security (SAVSECDTA)
• Save Configuration (SAVCFG)
• Save Save File Data (SAVSAVFDTA)
• Save System Information (SAVSYSINF)

For some save operations, the system updates history information in a data area. In some cases, the system updates the data area instead of updating the individual objects. In other cases, the system updates the data area in addition to the individual objects.

Beginning with V5R1, when you install the operating system, the system will update the data areas. However, the data areas will appear as if you used RSTOBJ to restore them. The system does not support the QSAVDLOALL data area.

The following table shows these commands and the associated data areas:
Table 1. Data areas that contain save historyCommand Associated Data Area Individual Objects Updated?
SAVCFG QSAVCFG No
SAVLIB *ALLUSR QSAVALLUSR Yes1
SAVLIB *IBM QSAVIBM Yes1
SAVLIB *NONSYS QSAVLIBALL Yes1
SAVSECDTA QSAVUSRPRF No
SAVSTG QSAVSTG No
SAVSYS QSAVSYS, QSAVUSRPRF, QSAVCFG No
SAVSYSINF QSYSINF No

1 -If you specify UPDHST(*NO), the system does not update the Date last saved field in either the object or the data area.
..."