Sneak in a few disclaimers in the small print?

Actually, I'm pretty used to not relying upon our vendors getting it 100%
right. And having to do some testing of our own.

Try something like:
"Vendor has made a reasonable effort to test their software on release
such-and-such of IBM i. These efforts may not conform to any standards
set forth by any generally accepted testing methodology. If the customer
wishes us to contract with an independent third party testing agency who
wishes to indemnify any issues which may arrive, and the customer wishes
to cover the costs of such testing and indemnification, we are open to
negotiation. The customer is invited to discuss performing the testing of
their own setup in a controlled environment at our location, for a fee.
If any issues arise due to the new release the vendor will make a
concerted effort to resolve them in a timely fashion. However, the usual
disclaimers against any loss of business and all that BS apply.
The customer is encouraged to perform some testing at their own location
to ensure that the software will work after the upgrade with their unique
combination of hardware and software.
What the vendor does state that is that if the customer does choose to
remain behind that they may not be able to run any fixes or enhancements
compiled to the current release."

At some point the customer needs to realize the vendor is in this to make
a profit and not to give you a million dollars for spilling a hot cup of
coffee on yourself.