From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 1:44 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: WRKSPLF MCH5804 error during SAVLIB *ALLUSR getting checkpoint

Jim,

1) I fought BRMS at first too, now, could do without.
You should really reconsider BRMS.
No coding, lots of configuration.
Especially from managing the media, logs etc. no more manual logs or
processes.

2) Libraries hardly ever give me an issue with the save.
IFS objects are another story, simply because sav while active does nothing
for IFS objects, actually, it makes the IFS save longer.

3) We also have web activity during the save, part of which are temp objects
on the IFS.
We solved those issues by writing all the web IFS object to TMP, which by
default is not saved.
The entire IFS save is only 7 minutes, thanks to ASYNCBRING and other recent
improvements.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1011242

I do have other IFS save issues.
If the save gets the object first, then the app will probably fail.
If the app get the object first, object is skipped during the save.

Paul