Instead of the whole form being a color (page 1 white, page 2 blue, etc.)
could they do a line at the top, or bottom, that's a particular color?
Sort of like instead of a preprinted line on each page saying
'Our copy', 'Customer Copy', 'shipping copy', etc, print that and do color
highlighting on that line? A whole page would be a waste of ink but one
line?
Failing the printer having color capability you could just print that line
and teach people to read.