From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Marc Rauzier
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 2:15 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Duplicating large spoolfiles (greater than 16m)

Le 30/07/2015 16:51, Kevin Bucknum a écrit :
This comes up every now and then, and several options are always
presented, but I've never been able to find a complete program using
the API's.

In the old SNA times, to duplicate spools files, I was used to send them
to myself using SNADS, so with the command SNDNETSPLF. SNADS had to be
setup to allow this, and your profile had to be enrolled in the SNA
directory.

If you do not want to setup SNADS, you may want to try to lpr the spools
files to localhost. I never tried but it should work.

Marc
--

We have some programs around that still send spool files via snads. This is part of homegrown spool file routing system that I created a few years back for one of the owners, that has evolved into a monster. The initial function of the system was to convert reports into PDF's and put them on the IFS where they are shared out to the network. I have added over the years the ability to email, ftp, zip and password protect, and duplicate the spool files. This utility is useful when we need to send a report to multiple people, and have it do different things. One report goes to three different people. User A wants the report printed and waiting in the morning but doesn't want a copy left in the outq. User B wants the report printed, but wants it saved so she can rerelease it if needed, and delete it when she is done. User C wants it on an outq, but held. She sometimes just reviews on the screen, and sometimes prints the report. This gives me the flexibility to do all of that.