Jim,
We are using the IBM offering for virtual optical for images in the IFS
(IBM Content Manager) as well. We've got over a million docs, millions of
images, plus a large application set (insurance co). Since it's vendor
software that writes the DLO, it's the upgrade or replacement of that set
that will solve our DLO issue.

But all of this is not the original question... in reference to a Restore 21

At the point of adding the disk to ASPs (we have 4 - ...lots of DLO) I
assume the restore process does not know there were 4 ASPs of xxx size,
and we have to remind the vendor to set them up.

Is this a correct assumption?

Jim Franz