From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Darryl Freinkel
Sent: Tuesday, 28 July 2015 13:37
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Using CONNECT to a remote system with RUNSQLSTM

I am trying to copy a subset of records from a file on a remote iSeries to the local iSeries. The remote file has over 50 million records.

I tried to copy using a DDM file with CPYF. It runs but takes forever. It seems that it is copying the whole file to the local system before doing the selection.

I added a entry in WRKRDBDIRE, used STRSQL to connect to run command CREATE TABLE ... with data. It ran is about 30 seconds.

I then tried to run the same SQL SCRIPT with RUNSQLSTM and found the CONNECT is invalid in that environment.

The local system is at V7.1. The remote system is V5R4.

Does anyone have any work arounds to this issue?

My alternative may be to use RMTCMDs with CPYF and then copy the resulting file to the local system with DDM or FTP.

TIA.

--
Darryl Freinkel

This message was scanned for compliance with Foodstuffs North Island Limited email policies ######################################################################
This message has been sent from Foodstuffs North Island Limited (Foodstuffs).

The information contained in this message (including its attachments) is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message and your reply.
You must not use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message.

The views and opinions expressed in this message may be those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of Foodstuffs,
in which case the views are not given or endorsed by Foodstuffs.

Please note that this communication does not designate an
information system for the purposes of the Electronic
Transactions Act 2002.