The HP 3000 was supposed to be the IBM mini killer, if my memory serves
correctly.

https://goo.gl/AI8LEH

A trip in the wayback machine.

- Dan

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Luis Rodriguez <luisro58@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jim,

"Back in the days" several system providers offered their own RPG dialect
in order to, I guess, wrest away IBM customers. In the '80s, the company I
worked for flirted for a little time with the idea of porting our S/34
programs and data to other companies. Right now I remember Wang and HP
(don't know if we checked Unisys). Regarding HP, what I remember is that
the programming environment was more flexible, with better debugging
facilities and easier to design display files.

Just googling around a little I found this old document:

http://www.teamnaconsulting.com/compresources/pdfs/30318-90011.pdf

Thanks for the memories. :-)

Best Regards,

Luis