On 09-Jul-2015 09:30 -0600, Dan wrote:
It's been over a decade since I've worked in a shop that ended
interactive jobs on a development box immediately after a timeout. I
am so accustomed to having these "disconnect" so that I can sign back
in and resume where I left off. Doesn't sound like this has ever been
considered in my new shop, so I'd like to push the idea forward.

When an interactive job times out here, it appears that it is ended
immediately. Searching through the archives, I found a couple of
system values that seem to be related to the issue. System value
QDEVRCYACN is set to *DSCMSG, and my interactive jobs' "Device
recovery action" parameter are all *DSCMSG as well. System value
QDSCJOBITV is set to 60 minutes. I am not seeing any message at the
bottom of the signon screen after a timeout ends the job, and the job
is*certainly* ending well before 60 minutes after my last activity in
the job. FWIW, the jobs are ending with CPI1127 (All jobs at work
station QPADEV001H ended.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction or the specific manual for
a RTFM reply?

The text for msg CPI1127 used to [and presumably still does] point to the Inactive Job Timeout Interval (QINACTITV) system value; i.e. "All jobs at work station &1 have been ended, since the amount of time specified in system value QINACTITV has ended, and all jobs at the work station have not been active during the time specified by the system value QINACTITV."

While the Time Interval Before Disconnected Jobs End (QDSCJOBITV) system value is relevant to _any_ disconnected job, irrespective how the job entered that state, the Device Recovery Action (QDEVRCYACN) processing is unrelated to the inactivity feature. As already noted in followup replies, the Inactive Job Message Queue (QINACTMSGQ) defines the end vs disconnect effect for the QINACTITV.