Yeah, that Infocenter didn't have anything directly on point that I could see. Lots of other good stuff, however, I think.

So as to help - each dialog has a Help button, which activates help text from the local file system - your My Documents, in particular, in the IBM\iAccessClient_Help\Emulator\en folder - there's a tabs.html there that was very helpful.

One of the difficulties - not sure that's the right word - with this is, the links to help don't get installed into Programs off the start button that I saw. Maybe some script could be used to do that - I didn't find it, but it might be there.

One thing to know - it was mentioned about clicking on the BCHX file - there's a tool in main ACS window to get different ACS file associations setup - and BCHX is in there. BUT - you must start ACS using the EXE, not one of the scripts or the JAR file directly in order to get that option - at least I think that's what I was told when I complained a couple weeks ago.

I also did not find a way to set up shortcuts from Session Manager - had to go to the actual HOD files (and now BCHX files) and set up the shortcut on the desktop. I also don't know if we can, in Win 7, put these shortcuts on the task bar - some MS Windows restriction on what can go there. I'm still looking. Something about the things on the task bar have to be real executables? And the desktop shortcuts I made were to the HOD files.

OK enough random and useful thoughts!!!

BUT!!! I've been playing! I found one way to get tabs working - might not be the best, but it worked.

It seems connectied with mulitple-session setups.

1. I went into Session Manager
2. Clicked new multiple-session button
3. Added sessions from list on left to list on right
4. Saved the BCHX file
5. Ran the BCHX file - no tabs, 2 separate session windows

OK, says I - I'd seen some stuff in Preferences about tabs - so I right-click in one session, which opens to menu options, not popup - that's configurable, BTW.

I click in Edit->, then Preferences-> then Tab Setup...

OK, I checked the 1st 2 checkboxes - they're unchecked coming - "Open new sessions in a new tab" and "Always display the tab bar"

I also changed "New Tab Action" to "Run Other..." because we have specific device names - no auto-create for what I'm using.

Clicked OK and I had a tab row with a single tab - hmmmm - the sessions were separate, so not in the tabs yet.

I closed both sessions, then reopened from the BCHX file - both sessions I had in there were now in one window with each its own tab!!!!

Some observations and in-retrospect:

1. I probably should have set the tab options in a single session first - one must get INTO a session to do this, it can't be done from Session Manager - wouldn't it be nice to unify the setup and preferences? Then when you start the BCHX file, you'll get the tabs.
a. But it might have been possible to bring the 2 sessions together here - see 2.a. about "reuniting" sessions

2. It is possible to drag a tab to another tab group, apparently, or to the desktop.
a. When I did take one to the desktop, I wondered how to get it back into the tab group - hmmm - right-click is my friend - I right-clicked in the tab of the detached session and there's an option to attach to a tab - you get a list of the active tabs, pick one, and ba-da-bing!

hoe this helps some - it actually took longer to write this than to do it - so what else is new!

Cheers
Vern