John,

I've kept up with all the threads relating to POI. Your "spiel" a few
months
ago caught my interest because I'm always looking for a better hammer.
I have 3 Power systems, 2 720's (one production, 1 development), 1 520 for
my
testing. I usually do "blow up" stuff on my 520 then take it to
development
and then to production. They are all at 6.1 (not by choice but that's
another story).
So I really can't say that waiting for IBM's availability will do me much
good until
we move to at least 7.1. (I'm guessing that 5733OPS) will only be at
minimum of 7.1.

So yes, I'm at door number 3, inching closer to your suggestion.

I'll try the Iseries Python and the PC Python. Since I haven't done any
Python, I'll
tread lightly on my PC until I'm comfortable. I'm sure I'll be asking
questions and
screaming all the way.

Thanks by the way!

Bill