Yes the program is a middle man between our authorization system and a third party we use to validate account numbers.

So it is a client to the third party and once connected to them, and is a server job that opens a listening socket for our Auth jobs to connect.

This program handles the consistent connection to the third party as well as all the formatting of the data and the keep alive packets we send every 2 minutes.

Back in the day, the third party only could handle one connection. My auth system will dynamically allocate additional jobs if we get flooded with transactions so it was not working on having each job connect directly. Thus the server job to connect and forward the requests.

Now the third party wants to upgrade to TLS. Scott, Tim and Bradley said that yes I can use the same select statement to wait for packets to process. Tim I will have to look at the Poll in the future. For the most part we handle only 4 to 6 connections.

The program has always kept track of the third party connection so it knew if it was a response to forward to the requestor or a new request to forward to the third party.

I believe that I have the necessary steps to do the SSL environment. I have been coding using the GSKit. I only need to secure the one connection out to the third party.

Thank you all for confirming that a single select statement will handle the both SSL and Non-SSL (OK TLS) connections. Now to work on close part.

Cross your fingers for me.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.