From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary
Thompson
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 5:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Seconds used question

You need a more detailed or verbose job log which is generally controlled by
the job description used to run the job.

On the CRTJOBD command, for example, In the Message logging section, you
find "LOG Level"

If you press F1 to get help you will see:

Specifies the message logging values used to determine the amount
and type of information sent to the job log by this job. This
parameter has three elements: the message (or logging) level, the message
severity, and the level of message text.

Sample starts

Element 1: Level

4
A message logging level of 4 is used for jobs that use this job
description.

0-4
Specify the message logging level to be used for the job's
messages.

0 No messages are logged.

1 All messages sent to the job's external message
queue with a severity greater than or equal to the
message logging severity are logged. This includes
the indications of job start, job end, and job
completion status.

2 The following information is logged:

o Logging level 1 information

o Request messages which result in a high-level
message with a severity code greater than or
equal to the message logging severity. Both the
request message and all associated messages are
logged.

Note: A high-level message is one that is sent
to the program message queue of the program that
receives the request message. For example, QCMD Sample ends

Well, that's just a sample, but level 4 creates the most detailed job log
and that is not necessarily what you always want, but in this case it may be
what you need.

Look at your IBM Systems management Work management manual
for more detail.