You will need to install the ole deb provider for db2.
Make sure you have the data access tool installed also known as DAT.
In DAT create a new data source selecting db2/as400.
Enter your system name, click next.
Enter the catalog number, use wrkrdbdire to see the catalog name.
All fields are required.
Schema = library name.
Use help to determine the field values. I don't have them with me now.
Click next.
Accept the next page
Enter a user profile if you want to. It will prompt if you do not at run time.
Click next
Click next
Click next
The validation screen will show. Use connect or sample query to check the connection. Once connected, click the connection tab. Copy the details as the connection string.

Back in ms sql management studio, add a linked server,
Give it a name,
Paste in the connection string and save the linked server.

You should now be connected.
You can expand the linked server and you should see the tables in the library/Schema you defined above.

Depending on the version of ms sql server you have, you may have to download and install oledb for db2/400 to be able to connect to your i. I had to search the web to find it.

HTH.

Darryl Freinkel

Sent from my iPad