On 12-Jun-2015 16:00 -0600, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
On Friday, June 12, 2015 5:49 PM CRPence wrote:
On 12-Jun-2015 15:33 -0600, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
I have a system task, EL-ERRLOG, which has been consuming 30% of
CPU since 15:53.16.

LIC log posting thousands of 1800 0061

Entry Major Major Minor Dump
ID Description Code Code Date Time K bytes
62001ECC Product activity log 1800 0061 06/12/15 15:53:16 1

Anyone ever experience this?

The latter symptom explains the former. What is the VL18000061? A
quick web search yielded no info for VLOG Major Code 1800, so even
that is an unknown. The spooled vlic log should reveal the meaning
of that major code as formatted header data, and some of the data
might reveal more about the origin.

Below is one of the 5=Display entry

Display Licensed Internal Code Log Entry
Log entry ID . . . : 6300CFE0 Page/Line. . . 1 / 1
Major/minor code . : 1800 / 0061 Columns. . . : 1 - 78
LIC LOG ENTRY ID 6300CFE0
LIC LOG ENTRY ID 6300CFE0 TYPE 1800 (ACTIVITY LOG) 0061 NOTE SIZE 0000
LIC LOG ENTRY ID 6300CFE0
DUMP FOR ENTRY ID 6300CFE0 TYPE 1800 (ACTIVITY LOG) 0061 DUMP SIZE 000038
DUMP ITEM
+0000 00000014
DUMP ITEM
+0000 0000008C

If I recall correctly how to properly read the VLOG, the VLog major code\type 1800 is "Activity Log" which implies the VLog is recording something about the Product Activity Log; presumably the Vlog 1800 0061 is logging an /abnormally large amount of PAL activity/. So if the EL-ERRLOG is so busy logging, then likely the PAL is quickly being filled with entries; I guess redirect to the PAL for what can be found there.? For lack of any VL18000061 symptom keyword hits on a web search, I suspect only a symptom representing the condition from the PAL will help find any possible APAR\PTF activity.