We're planning to do a daily snapshot of a bunch of production data
(millions of records) for a data warehouse/reporting tool called Cognos.
The refresh takes quite a bit of time, and a lot of it is historical. So,
are there any options for net changing or incremental refreshing these
files? We're avoiding using production files directly for a number of
reasons. One of them is that we're also building quite a few summary
tables, and the detail needs to match up with the summary data, which it
would not, if transactions are happening during the day.

Darren Strong
Programmer/Analyst
Group Dekko, Inc.