Single partition, 7.1, tapes get expired normally by BRMS maintenance from
AJS jobs. I expired the tape myself manually on Friday.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think you're a multi lpar kind of guy so some other unit using
that media library is kind of ruled out.

Do these tapes expire based on control group or do you have some job
schedule entry that expires the tapes? If the job schedule entry might it
have been held up due to a job queue being tied up at that time? (I do it
based on settings in BRMS; not via a job schedule entry or some such
thing.)

Then again, how does brms expire tapes based on that date? Is it done
via:
wrkjobscde brm*
Job
BRMBKUP
BRMBKUPMON
BRMMAINT
BRMMOVE
BRMMOVRPT
BRMRECOVER
BRMTEMP

Job: BRMMAINT
Command . . . . . . . . . . . : STRMNTBRM RMVMEDI(*REUSE)
PRTEXPMED(*NO) PRTVSNRPT(*NO) PRTBKUACT(*NO) PRTRCYRPT(*RCYANL *SAVEXCP)
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . : BRMS: Expire media, create recovery
reports

When does this run on your system? Before or after
Date sent . . . . . . : 06/08/15 Time sent . . . . . . :
03:06:04

Of course, we load two weeks of tapes into our media library each Monday.
And remove what gets used on a nightly basis for shipment to Iron
Mountain. Then

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive